Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FIRST DAY AT SCCC

WHAT A DAY!

Ah. For starters, I was up at 5am. Yes, 5am. Why? Work. 6am. Why on earth they schedule me to work before school is beyond me. I have school Mondays and Wednesdays. Two days. Not that hard? Whatever. So I open Greene's Beans at 6:30am, and stay there til 10, then rush over to SCCC, change my clothes and hurry to my first class.

For the record, I felt like I was in high school. Or rather, what I imagine high school to be like since I was home schooled forever. It just seemed like it. So my first class was Western Civ. I totally thought this was going to be a boring class, and history is always boring anyways, but luckily I have a hilarious professor. He made jokes the whole time and really related to everyone. SO glad that my cool teacher happened to be my history teacher. History needs good teachers.

SO. I finish WC EARLY! Yessssssss. So I hang out in hallways (see? like high school) with Mike and his friends until about 10 minutes before my second class because I have to walk literally across the entire campus for my next class. With a book back full of textbooks/notebooks/lunch that I didn't have time to eat/wallet. (I intelligently invested in a backpack at the end of the day.)

Class #2: Acting. I am going to LOVE this class. The people in it were so cool: no judgment or just plain old rudeness. Everyone was very accepting. I'm going to be auditioning for the SCCC play (The Wedding Singer) and EVERYONE has to come see it whether I get a good part or not (but, y'know hope that I get a good part?).

AND FINALLY. Class #3: Spanish 2. This guy was no nonsense. He used up the entire class period (and a few minutes extra) and barely spoke ANY English. I was so lost, and brain dead from being up since BEFORE the crack of dawn. But I love Spanish and hopefully next class I'll be a little better rested.

BUT. It is time for Christina to go to bed, because she has to get up AGAIN at 5am. Wish me luck!

And so we go.

No comments: