Friday, September 12, 2008

A Little More On The Random Side

So guess what? As I've said before, I'm doing Rosetta Stone - Spanish as my foreign language this year. I ac;quired levels 1 & 2 from a friend, but she failed to give me all of the program right away (on Tuesday), so I was left with the language disc, and the workbook for a few days (until Thursday). Let me clear something up before I go on. I took Spanish 1 from A Beka, so I was already familiar with Spanish, plus when I was younger, I did some dumbed-down Latin. As a result, European languages come a little easier to me than they would to a complete beginner. Anyway, on with the story. Since I only have Spanish and Algebra to do, obviously I'm going to be doing a lot of them since I'm so incredibly bored. So I got right along with Spanish--and it really is fun--and spent a few hours on it daily for those few days. I finished Unit 1, and got halfway through Unit 2 by Thursday, when I got the rest of the program. Along with it came a teachers book, with a few suggested schedules, depending on the students acclimation to the program. I was shocked when I saw how long Unit 1 was SUPPOSED to take me. Anyone care to guess? NINE WEEKS! A WHOLE QUARTER! Can we say extremely bored homeschooler with way too much time on her hands? Good.

Along with that, I'm also done with Module 1 of Algebra, roughly the same effect as the Rosetta Stone. I need a life...

As I promised, this post was SUPPOSED to be a little on the random side, but it seems like I've done nothing but ramble on about school, like I usually do. I guess the only random thing I can think of saying is that I was surfing through DeviantArt.com, I came across a link to a musicians Myspace. Her name is Kat Tingey, and she wrote a song based on Twilight (Edward's perspective at least). It's called Undone. She has it for sale on her website, but there's this nasty little thing that keeps troubling my life--no credit card, which goes on to mean that I can't buy things on the internet without dear Father's consent...and he would just go on a tirade about all my 'pagan' music. And since Tingey just isn't that popular, Limewire doesn't have ANYTHING of hers. I'm in a jam.

Funny story! The second class of Mr. Schlafly's was just yesterday (although Schlafly himself failed to make an appearance due to another engagement). Two of the students (one being Mr. Schlafly's daughter) taught the class. Impressive, I know. We were going to do Salem Witch Trials, reenacted, of course. So when the time comes for Sharon to pick who plays which part, she says "Christina...would you like to be the witch?" The whole class burst out laughing. Even the new people knew me well enough from just that first class to haul out in hysterics at Sharon's supposed implications.

On that note, I won't bore you any more. And so we go...

-Christina

2 comments:

Romans 12:2 said...

Nice blog. I'm homeschooled too, and also taking Spanish from Rosseta Stone. But it isn't fun because I think I downloaded the programs in the wrong order and now the system doesn't work! Those instructions in the package aren't just for burning after all. - Bob

Sharon said...

Haha. I feel so famous.

Good luck with the Spanish! I've gotten much better at conversation this year, and I love it. Hispanic culture is just so much fun and most people are really friendly.