Monday, June 20, 2011

Family Reunion

Not going to lie, the phrase up there in the title gets me nervous. And nervous is exactly how I felt on the drive up to Connecticut to see the Fortini/Forstl side for the first time in about 8-10 years. My feelings were somewhat calmed when my uncle offered to let me chauffeur him to the reunion. In the 2011 Dodge Charger that he rented for the weekend.

^__^

Not to go off on a tangent about a car, but it was fabulous.

Anyway. The reunion was EXTREMELY enjoyable! I got to see sooo many people I didn't even remember, and found out I'm related to someone who looks and talks EXACTLY like Stu from the Hangover. Needless to say, day made.

And then I got to spend a lovely Father's Day with mi padre, his two brothers, and my cousins. Altogether a laid back day, with tons of quality time spent. Come back to me my lovely Fortinis!

No comments: